I am a big advocate of using your gadgets to the fullest. As you can tell from this blog, biking apps for iPhone, are a big focus for me as a way to track my exercise as well as learn more about my biking style.
Side note: if you have an Android based smart phone – you can leverage many same or similar applications in that framework
With that in mind, today I wanted to review yet another good application, namely, Argus – Pedometer, Calory, Nutrition, Activity Tracker by Azumio. This application converts your iPhone in a relatively sophisticated computer to track your biking as well as other activities and combine those with estimated calory tracking. It is a good aggregator of multiple bio-related tracking points to help you analyze your habits and develop better ones.
Here are some screen shots – as you can see the application in this case is aggregating my walking statistics with a bike ride I took on the same given day:
As you can see the user interface on the main dashboard is very neat – I like a lot how the application aggregates information which then it can display (upon selection) into separate user panes.
Here is also a snapshot of the application's main features:
– Daily Steps and active Calorie counter
– GPS mapping of Running, Cycling and Driving
– Creates Food diary of all your meals with food photo snapping
– Set daily goals for Steps, Sleep time and Hydration
– Observe trends over time with all variables to track wellness
– Uses Instant Fitness for your home workouts
– Uses Sleep Time to monitor your sleep cycles
– Uses Instant Heart Rate to monitor your heart beats
– Built in support of third party wearable devices and health app
Finally, I will continue to review applications. In the mean time – here is a link to other postings on the topic